"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." John 15:4

Friday, May 2, 2014

Portraits from Type

One of our final projects in my Typography design class was to create two portraits using only letters numbers and symbols from the keyboard.  This was a fun project, but also a very time consuming one and I was not able to do all that I would have liked to or experiment much.

My first choice was to do the face of Chris Evens a.k.a. Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America.  This was partly due to the fact that I had just watched Captain America: The winter solider(awesome movie btw ;)).

Using only the words "On your left" (a quote in the movie) this is what i created.


















Not fabulous, but it got the job done. :)

Our second portrait had to be of ourselves. Not nearly as good or as interesting, but here you go...



















If you can recognize it's me, I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this! May I just say that it's awesomely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I love it!!

    ReplyDelete